HEY-O!!

So I am supposed to get the official word on Monday as to whether or not I will be hired on at LDS Family Services. My supervisor says she is 90% sure it's a go and I hope she's right! The position is part time but she told me once I'm officially hired we'll look into getting me more hours. So one waiting game ends while a new one starts. I have decided to hold off on a looking seriously for a second job but am occasionally filling out applications. If I could get 30 hours a week at LDSFS then I'd be set once my pay raise comes. Oh ya, the licensing exam. I am still studying for that and told my supervisor that I would take it by the end of the month. aaahhhh, test anxiety much:(
I find myself struggling some days because I'm so used to being busy with school, etc. and not so used to being home so much. Not sure if I like it. It's been nice to get some things organized and clean and not so nice to find it all reversed the next day. (oh the joy of living with three guys, I miss having clean, tidy, female roommates!) I am also struggling with some other things internally and the extra time just allows me to think and analyze too much.

So lets move on to more exciting things before this post gets too personal!! I have started running again and am contemplating doing a half marathon but not sure if I want to. I'm thinking maybe I should just get slowly back into it, so I still like it, rather than feeling like it's a chore!! We'll see what happens:)

I got my first facial the other day and was in heaven!! Thanks to my brother Jeff for getting me the gift!! I would recommend a facial to anyone, it was so calming, relaxing and well needed:) Who knew a face massage would be so awesome?:) It feels good to be pampered, wish I could do it more often!

Steve and I purchased what's called the "Pass of all Passes". The passes allow us unlimited miniature golf, batting cages, rock climbing, laser tag and go karts at Trafalga along with free admission to all the Owlz baseball games and Flash basketball games. Oh ya and seven peaks passes. It was an awesome deal and definitely worth the money! We paid $85 total and I think we've already almost got our money's worth!! Did I mention the passes are good until September 2011:) I figure we will be saving a lot of money on dates!!

I just realized I haven't posted about a recent miracle we witnessed a few weeks ago!! Jeff got married:) That's right the tiger has finally been caged!! We went to DC for a week and enjoyed a crazy family gathering with the Hopkinson crew! Jeff's wife, Mary, seems great for him and her(now their!) daughter, Chloe, is a cutie!! Here are some pics from the trip...


Ashwin!


Ellyit:)


Jim, Peg and their grandkids (minus Chloe)!!


Me and the Hubs





Wiped out from all the fun:)


Ellyit playing with uncle Steve:)


Skyler had to get a picture with the Pirate:)


All the nieces and nephew..love them! (notice Ellyit waving to the camera!)


Nikhil just relaxing, chatting on the phone in the hotel:)

2 comments:

Lori said...

Looks like fun. I especially love the pic of Nikhil lounging and talking on the phone. So funny. I also love that the "tiger has been caged." LOL. Congratulations Jeff and Mary!

Chels and Zach said...

Hey EM! We bought the pass of all passes too! LOVE it!!! Can't wait to study more for our test!