January 16, 2011: I'M RICH!!

So today in sacrament meeting one of the speakers read us 4 questions to help us figure out whether or not we are rich. You may have already heard this, but it had an impact on me! To find out if you are rich ask yourselves the following 4 questions..

Question #1: Do you have a choice between modes of transportation? (Do you have other ways to get places besides walking?)

Question #2: Do you have a choice of what you get to eat besides rice?

Question #3: Do you have more than one pair of shoes?

Question #4 Do you have more than one pair of undies?

Wow...right! It really puts our lifestyle into perspective and shows us how truly blessed we are everyday:) I felt a little bit guilty with the fact that I really have a lot of things, a lot of which I probably don't really need, and it made my wants seem insignificant..I have more than enough to make me rich and happy!! In the environment I live in I tend to forget there are other people in this world who are struggling way more often and more intensely than I will probably ever have to experience. I am truly grateful for everything I have!! Thank goodness for sacrament talks that help keep me grounded!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing this message. It's soooo true. We are all rich, in many ways.