where have you been?

well it's hard to believe 4 months have gone by since I've updated this thing. we had a fun summer! We got to take a trip to DC and visit Jami, Manu and the kids as well as check out all the tourist stuff:) oh and we were able to see our friend Carissa and her cute family! two of my best friends came out and so it was awesome to hang out with them and play catch up. After training all summer, andrea and I (along with jeff) finally ran a half marathon! I felt very accomplished that day, but haven't run much since:( School has started for the both of us and after a month and a half I think I'm just about getting the hang of things again. Although some days I definitely wonder why did I go back to school? I know once I'm done it will be worth it. I'm currently interning at LDS Family Services and enjoying it. I am working with adoptive couples, birthparents and have a few clients I do counseling with. So pretty much my days consist of internship, school, studying and commuting, Boring!! I definitely try and give myself a break on the weekends to maintain my sanity. Andrea and I are thinking about training for the SLC marathon that's in April, so that will help to make life just a little bit busier. One of my life goals has always been to run a marathon and i'm thinking now is probably one of the best times to do it. we'll see what happens!

4 comments:

Brandon and Stacie said...

You're life is pretty busy but it is all worth it! Whenever you want a break and go walking, let me know!

Carissa said...

I think you should do the marathon. What an amazing personal accomplishment that would be! Maybe training would give you time to yourself to focus and wind down from your crazy schedule. You are doing awesome Em! Keep up the good work!

Atwood Ohana said...

Holy Cow...I am so excited you got a blog...but just a question...how come i never knew until now??? You are in big trouble for not letting me know. Anyways...love ya and miss ya. your posts were fun to read. I liked the one about you taking care of Skyler and Ellyit. You are so good with them!well..keep in touch.

EMily said...

Heather not alot of people know about this blog, mainly because i'm so horrible with it. My goal is to better about that! I always enjoy reading your blog and seeing what you're up to:) hope you are doing well!